Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Hobo

Hip-hop has embraced the phrase "No Homo" to describe affection between two men that is strictly platonic. While the politically correctness of the term is debatable, it is a succinct and clear way to show a softer side without sacrificing your masculinity. I believe it is high time for hipsters to coin a similar phrase to express support for things that are typically associated with homelessness and an otherwise sad existence. I've devised "No Hobo" to be used in such situations. Here are couple examples:

Fingerless gloves are awesome...

NO HOBO


Malt liquor has redeeming qualities...


NO HOBO.

See? It clarifies any misconceptions that you may have about ones winter accessories or adult beverage choice. These are obvious examples of some of the most predictable stereotypes, but allow me to continue...

I've seriously considered stealing a grocery cart and filling it with empties to subsidize the next party...


NO HOBO.

I could probably make a nice bed out of a Sunday New York Times



NO HOBO.

I'm thinking about growing a beard...


NO HOBO.

I haven't showered since Sunday...


NO HOBO

Goodwill...


NO HOBO.

It's so versatile, and nips confusion in the bud before rumors can take hold. These 3 short syllables, uttered at the end of an ambiguous sentence, can be a life saver and keep friends and coworkers from taking up a collection for you.

2 comments:

  1. Is that bearded hobo on a golf course? Have security get him out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh you're telling me he's the greens keeper? Sorry Hank. I didn't recognize you."

    ReplyDelete