Monday, December 6, 2010

EDU: Banana Cupcakes

I left for Thanksgiving and returned to three overripe bananas.  I could have made banana bread or banana cookies (a family recipe) but instead I turned to my gigantic pile of cupcake recipes and found one for Banana Cupcakes.  I figured the worst that could happen would be cupcakes that taste like banana bread!

What you'll need for the cupcakes:


1 cup sweet butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
4 eggs
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (the blacker the better!)

A photo of the mashed banana:


This is a pretty simple recipe.  Preheat the oven to 350F.  Set out your baking cups, reusable or otherwise.  Combine the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and nutmeg in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.


Stir in the mashed bananas until well combined.  Spoon the batter into cups and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.


I frosted them with the Cream Cheese Frosting I made for the Chai Cupcakes (see recipe here).


Fresh from the oven they were light and had a lovely banana flavor.  After a day in a Tupperware they were dense, just like my previous cupcakes.  I garnished them with both strawberries and bananas but I would recommend strawberries - they added a really wonderful tang to the sweet cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment