Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet Indie Band of the Week: Fanfarlo



I apologize in advance, but this blog post is going to have to be uncharacteristically terse due to extenuating circumstances (Comcast internet that makes me long for dial-up).

Fanfarlo is a London-based band who love their instruments. Their wikipedia page lists violion, mandolin, trumpet, sax, keys, accordion, SAW and GLOCK among their repertoire. Having not been exposed to the smooth stylings of the saw and the glock previously, I can only assume that they are classical instruments and not their traditional forms. This hot mess of a resume makes for gypsy, carnival music that sound virtually indistinguishable from the band Beirut. Which is great, because I LOVE Beirut. I've been told that the rest of their album invites comparisons to The Arcade Fire as well, which has me chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. In the interim, here's their video for The Walls Are Coming Down off their debut album Reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment