Thursday, January 7, 2010

Coolest Thing You'll See Today



It's rare that a website simultaneously blows my mind and makes me hungry, but I'll be darned if this little site hasn't made me check my watch to see if it is too early to start dinner.

Enter Ms. Robin Dahlberg. Ms. Dahlberg is to cupcakes what Fabrege' is to eggs. Well, maybe that's a stretch, but you get the idea. She's a jewelry artist by trade, owning Steelhead Studio, and the same attention to detail that allows her to make earrings like this:


also allows her to make cupcakes like this:



To celebrate 2010, Dahlberg designed 100 'game inspired' cupcakes, ranging from videogames (Guitar Hero, Mario Bros) to Board Games (Operation, Chutes and Ladders) to party games (Charades, Spin the Bottle). The website itself is even a game itself, allowing you to 'guess' what game is being honored on each cupcake before mousing over the question mark to find out for yourself. The craftsmanship on display is incredible here, and if I am speechless, I think nerds around the world just dropped their Mountain Dew. Here are a few of my favorites:



No comments:

Post a Comment