Monday, October 26, 2009

Morrissey Collapses On Stage



One song into a show in Swindon, England, Morrissey collapsed on stage Saturday evening and was subsequently helped off stage  by some band members and rushed to the hospital. After remaining overnight, Morrissey was released Sunday morning and is in "stable" condition. He has since cancelled tonights concert in Bournemouth, England, but the rest of the tour remains tentatively on schedule (he had already cancelled several dates prior to this episode). His world tour runs through December.

After hearing mixed reviews regarding his live shows I saw Morrissey a few months back at the House of Blues for the first time and was pretty much blown away. Being too young to have experienced The Smiths in all their glory, I was fully expecting a defanged Morrissey sulking around the stage. Instead, I saw one of the best rock shows and vocal performances I've enjoyed in a long time. Though a lot of if's surround Morrissey these days, I'll definitely take the risk whenever he comes around. Below is a picture I snapped from the House of Blues show.

No comments:

Post a Comment