Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Favorite Music Videos of the Decade (Top 12....ish)



Before I get started on my Favorite Tracks and Albums of the decade in the next few days, I wanted to aggregate a few of my favorite music videos into a post. Some of my favorite directors got their start in music videos. The best music videos are those that add to power of the song, rather than distract from it and are mesmerizing enough to transport you to another place for a couple of minutes. All of these videos fit those criteria perfectly. Unsurprisingly, a few of these songs will also find their way onto my favorite tracks of the Decade list, but I don't want to ruin the surprise. Here they are, in no particular order:

Let me know your favorites!

Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothin' (Zach Galifinakis/Will Oldham Version)


Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World


Justice- D.A.N.C.E.



Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice



LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends



Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar



Sigur Ros - Glosoli



Johnny Cash - Hurt



The White Stripes - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground



Interpol - Evil



Justice vs Simian - We Are Your Friends



Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment