Monday, October 12, 2009

Toy Story 3? Yes, please.



I remember seeing Toy Story when I was 10 years old and being blown away at seeing a full-fledged CGI film for the first time. CGI has certainly improved by leaps and bounds in the nearly 15 years since, but Toy Story is still as fresh and hilarious and touching as it was when it first came out. While a lot of movies with CGI look dated within 5 years and most cartoons are chock-full of stupid pop-culture references that are stale by the time you leave the theatre, Pixar truly makes "timeless" films, and I have no doubt that Toy Story 3 will only add to their legacy.

With that being said, I'm not super-excited about another "toys-get-trapped-in-strange-place-how-will-they-escape?" plot, but with such great characters (and a few new ones!) I'm sure Pixar has a few tricks up their sleeve. Toy Story 3 is set for a June, 2010 release. Enjoy the trailer below:





No comments:

Post a Comment